Astro Physics Riccardi-Honders Astrograph
Astro Physics Riccardi-Honders Astrograph telescope is the first of its kind. The design of the Astro-Physics 305mm f3.8 Astrograph is based on Klaas Honder's original idea of a fast optical system using a crown glass objective and meniscus correcting mirror in a Newtonian configuration.
By adding a secondary mirror and field lens, Italian designer Massimo Riccardi was able to design an ultra-fast astrograph using only crown glass elements.
Astro-Physics has added our 30+ years of telescope design experience to create a truly unique and fast astrograph to take full advantage of today's CCD imaging cameras.
Imagine how quickly you will collect photons for the wide-field images that you plan to shoot.
The Astro-Physics Version
The Astro-Physics design is a modification of the Riccardi-Honders. It features diffraction-limited performance over a huge 3-degree field, which is ideal for capturing large faint nebulae over a wide wavelength range.
The design has essentially perfect color correction from 400 to 1000 nanometers (UV to IR), is fully corrected for all 5 Seidel aberrations (spherical, coma, astigmatism, field curvature and distortion), as well as longitudinal and lateral chromatic aberration. Multi-coatings on all optical elements ensure very high-contrast images.
The primary Mangin mirror has a rear reflection surface. This means that the reflective surface has almost no scatter and it will not degrade over the years due to exposure from the air like an ordinary front surface mirror.
- Optics and tube designed for stable focus. Tube material is a special alloy that maintains the focus almost exactly during wide temperature swings.
- Extremely compact and light-weight, perfect for the Astro-Physics 900GTO German Equatorial Mount.
- Closed tube and protected mirror coating keep the optical system free from dust, which can cause scatter, reducing contrast.
- Fast optical design optimizes your imaging sessions by gathering photons quickly.
- Substitute electronic focuser, if you wish.
- Vented rear cell with two fans for rapid temperature stabilzation.
So What's Included?
- 305mm f3.8 Tube Assembly with 3.5" Focuser, Dewcap and Dustcover
- 14" Mounting Rings, pair
- 8' Power Cable
- Carrying Case
Return From Astro Physics Riccardi-Honders Astrograph To Astro Physics Telescopes Main Page Telescopes Home Page