The Atik 420 is the first camera in its class to offer high performance regulated cooling, low power consumption and narrow body all in one.
It is particularly well matched with the 6 and 8 inch HyperStar systems, where the narrow body and low heat dissipation make a difference, or with short focal lenght refractors, providing a very fast, high definition wide field of view.
The Atik 4-Series cameras are a development of the 3-Series cameras, featuring a narrower body. These are particularly suitable if the camera is to be placed in front of the telescope in HyperStar or Fastar systems, as well as on custom-designed systems that need a narrow-bodied CCD camera.
The cameras feature setpoint cooling to help make taking matching dark frames a breeze, and a simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation.
Atik's aim is to make the arena of astronomical imaging attainable for stargazers and enthusiasts, in order that this remarkable form of photography can be more widely enjoyed.
They have continued to develop and refine an array of robust and reliable equipment to deliver exceptional performance in an incredibly specialised and challenging area.
- camera body with 1.25'' adapter
- 3-metre USB cable
- 1.8-metre battery power connector (car lighter plug)
- CD-ROM with drivers, software and user's manual (PDF)
- Quickstart guide (paper)
- Our highly acclaimed Capture software is included for camera control and data acquisition, and plug-ins are included to allow use with Astroart and Maxim DL.
- A universal (110-230V) power adapter is optional
System requirements: Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM, XP/Vista/Win7, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
Return From Atik 420 To Amateur Atrophotography Main Page
Telescopes Home Page