Meade Deep Sky Imager
The Meade Deep Sky Imager II enables you to achieve exceptional one shot color images effortlessly.
The Meade DSI II Color CCD camera combines ease-of-use with a larger chip, greater sensitivity, higher resolution, and dramatically lower thermal noise. Meade engineers have invented a remarkable new way to reduce noise without a cooler.
This model features USB 2.0 high speed, temperature sensor, low pixel noise for more data, drizzle software technology, and AutoStar Suite Software Camera Control and Image Processing Software.
Chip specifications are 752 x 582 Pixels (437,664 pixels). Pixel size is near square, resulting in better image processing results, measuring 8.3 microns wide by 8.6 microns high. Full 16-bit A/D conversion means signal integrity is maintained through capture and processing.
A minimum exposure time of 1/10,000 of a second and maximum exposure time one hour means you can capture anything from a day lit scene to the dimmest of objects in the night sky.You can choose from a multitude of astronomical subjects, from the Moon, to faint deep sky objects.
The Sky Imager is simple to use, lightweight, powerful and versatile, making it a great tool for astrophotography.
- Deep Sky Imager II / 04526
- CCD Sensor:
- High Sensitivity Color Sony EXview HAD CCDT Sensor (ICX429AKL)
- Chip Dimensions Pixels:
- 5.59mm (w) x 4.68mm (h); 8mm diagonal (type 1/2) 752 x 582 pixels (437,664 pixels)
- Pixel Size (in microns):
- 8.3 microns (w) x 8.6 microns (h)
- Temperature Sensor:
- Built in temperature sensor measures degrees in celsius and matches it to each dark frame
- A/D Conversion :
- 16-bit (greater image depth and contrast)
- Min. - Max. Exposure Time:
- 1/10,000 of a second to one hour
- Anodized die-cast aluminum
- USB Compatibility:
- High Speed 2.0 and 1.1
- Size / Weight of product:
- 3.25" x 3.25" x 1.25"/ 10 oz.
Return From Meade Deep Sky Imager To Astrophotography Telescopes Home Page