Skyliner 200P Flextube Synscan
The Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Flextube Synscan Dobsonian is a precision engineered instrument that will allow you to easily find and enjoy viewing night sky treasures, such as Planets, Nebulae, Star Clusters, Galaxies and much more. With its patented collapsible tube design, these Dobsonians are truly the ultimate in portability and performance.
The elegant truss tube design was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses.
It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening.
The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards.
The SynScanTM AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions.
The patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes but with no need for re-alignment.
The SkyWatcher Dobsonian SynScan series combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the convenience of a computerized Go-To telescope.
Synscantm Az Hand Control Specifications
- Power Supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm Plug (Center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors,
- Resolution: Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0X, 2.0X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axes Tracking
- Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues, total 42,900 objects
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc min
Skyliner 200P Flextube Synscan Features
- Optical Design Newtonian (Parabolic)
- Lens Material
- Diameter 203mm
- Focal Length 1200mm
- Scondary Mirror Diameter 47mm
- F/ratio F/6
- Highest Practical Power 406x
- Faintest Steller Magnitude 14.2
- Resoving Power 0.58 arc sec
- Finderscope 8X50
- Focuser diameter 2” with 1.25” adapter Crayford Focuser
- Eyepiece(s) 2 eyepieces
- Mount Type Dobsonian
- Slow-motion Control
- Piggyback Bracket
- Accessory Tray
- Ground Board Diameter 528mm D x 726mm H
- Ground Board Weight(s)
- Motor Drive
- Tube Weight 11kg
- Tube Dimension(dia. x length) 320mm x (835-1115)mm
- Tripod Height
- Shipping Weight BASE:20kg, OTA:18kg
- Shipping Carton Dimensions 2 cartons
- BASE: 47x37x93 cm3
- OTA: 97x41x51 cm3
Return From Skyliner 200P Flextube Synscan To Skywatcher Telescopes Main PageTelescopes Home Page