Meade LightBridge 10" Dobsonian Telescope
The Meade LightBridge 10" Dobsonian telescope is not just a big scope,it's a big telescope that goes anywhere. The 10" LightBridge Truss-Tube Dobsonian can be assembled and taken apart in just a couple of minutes so you can set it up at home or take it to your favorite dark sky location with ease.
Meade optics offer premium components and great portability for about the same price as an ordinary solid tube Dobsonian.
Metal Optical Tube with Primary Mirror Cell
The 10" LightBridge Truss-Tube Dobsonian features a superior Meade quality multi-coated, diffraction limited 10" primary mirror, focal length 1270mm (f/5). The optics of this style of telescope are only as good as their mounting, which is why Meade engineers gave the LightBridge primary mirror a top of the line, fully adjustable, high strength but light weight aluminum stress free floating multi-point cell with built in cooling fan.
The included battery pack for the fan takes 8 (user supplied) AA batteries and is used to speed the cool down process of the primary mirror, improving image quality.
Solid OTA Mount
The sturdy laminated finish wooden Dobsonian mount includes premium features such as roller bearings on the azimuth (side to side) axis and large diameter aluminum altitude (vertical axis) bearings with a hand adjustable variable tension brake for smooth and stable movement.
Metal Optical Tube with 2" Crawford-style Focuser
Smooth precise focusing is achieved with this classic design. A unique focus tension knob and focus lock design gives complete control over focus.
Lightweight Aluminum Trusses
The open truss design of the LightBridge Dobsonians means portability of the telescope is dramatically improved over a solid tube design.
Taking only moments to set up and take apart for travel, the extremely rigid truss frame design ensures a no-compromises view through the telescope. Hand driven Dobsonian style telescopes by their nature need good mounts with smooth and stable movement to be enjoyable, and here again the LightBridge excels.
Meade LightBridge 10" Dobsonian Specification
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Clear Aperture: 254mm (10")
- Focal Length Focal Ratio: 1270mm f/5 (10")
- Primary, Secondary Mirrors: Aluminum coated with magnesium fluoride over coat. Mounted in adjustable mirror cell. Secondary mirror aluminum coated with magnesium fluoride over coat.
- Maximum Practical Visual Power: 600X
- Eyepiece: Meade 26mm QX Wide Angle Eyepiece delivers bright, crisp images
- Optical Tube Assembly (OTA) : Metal open Truss Design
- Materials: Azimuth mechanism utilizes precision steel roller bearing, delivering silky smooth tracking
- Focuser: 2" Crayford style focuser with 1.25" adapter
- Cooling Fan: Battery Powered Fan
- Red Dot Viewfinder: 4-reticle Red Dot ViewFinder makes object location quick and precise
- AutoStar Suite Astronomical Software: Included with purchase of telescope.
Return From Meade LightBridge 10" Dobsonian To Meade LightBridge Dobsonian Main Page Telescopes Home Page