Skywatcher Equinox 80 OTA
The Skywatcher Equinox 80 OTA telescope is another excellent choice for birding, nature study, and astrophotography.
Its fast, high-contrast optics and generous field of view make it an ideal instrument for studying larger clusters and star fields, and it is a proven performer for astrophotography.
You can even use it with a common SCT focal reducer to achieve speeds down to f/4.5! But don’t be afraid to push up the magnification, too.
Its crisp optics make it a strong performer on tight double stars, and it provides crisp, clear lunar and planetary images with no image breakdown, even at 150x.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings
Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%. The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
- D = 80 mm, fast, flat f/6.2, F = 500.
- Razor sharp, colour-free, high contrast optics.
- Retractable aluminum dewshields.
- Removeable L-shape bracket for easy mounting on any any camera tripod.
- Perfect for astronomy, birding and terrestrial use.
- Fast speeds and flat fields for widefield astrophotography.
- Aluminum carrying case for safe, easy transportation.
High-Precision Indexed Focuser:
- Dual-Speed machined Crayford focuser.
- 360-degree adjustable for easy framing of objects for photography.
- Graduated scale on drawtube for fast and precise focusing with CCD or DSLR cameras.
Whatever your application, we’re sure that Sky-Watcher Equinox refractors will meet and exceed your most demanding performance requirements with their superior mechanics, high portability and razor-sharp colour-free optics. Contact your SkyWatcher dealer to get an Equinox refractor today.
The Equinox 80 is regarded as a good quality mid-level ED refractor that is capable of excellent astrophotography.
Specifications for the Skywatcher Equinox 80 OTA
- Optical Design ED Refractor
- Lens Material
- Diameter 80mm
- Focal Length 500mm
- Scondary Mirror Diameter n/a
- F/ratio F/6.25
- Highest Practical Power 160x
Readers comments on the Skywatcher Equinox 80 OTA
The BBC Sky at Night magazine said, "We took five, two-minute exposures of the Pleiades & Andromeda galaxy which were then stacked and image-enhanced using K3CCD tools. They gave a tremendous amount of detail in fact they were the best images of these objects I have ever taken The view was pin-sharp across 85 percent with the 20mm lens and there was no apparent colour fringing at all around the stars. Overall the refractor performed well on all tasks. It would make a top quality addition to any astronomers scope collection!"
Return From Skywatcher Equinox 80 OTA To Skywatcher Telescopes Main page Telescopes Home Page