Vixen VC200L Telescope
The Vixen VC200L telescope is an 8" f/9.0 highly corrected, highly specialized scope and has been designed to be the best for astro imaging.
and has been designed to be The Best Telescope for Astro Imaging.
Vixen's unique catadioptric design features a high precision sixth order aspherical primary mirror, a convex secondary mirror and triplet corrector lens.
VISAC is an abbreviation for Vixen's Six-Order Aspherical Cassegrain. The primary mirror is held by a retaining ring, instead of hooks, to decrease flare and enhance contrast.
The VISAC provides high-definition star images to the edge of a wide viewing field and offers exceptionally outstanding performance in astrophotography.
Even at the edge of the 35mm film format (larger CCD chips) stars are sharp ( smaller than 15 micrometers) This is smaller than the resolution of fine quality CCD cameras, which means that the telescope does not limit the image quality.
With its elaborate aspherical optical design it achieves excellent image correction throughout the large illuminated field.
- Focuser Vixen Dual Speed Focuser
- Mount Adaptation Dovetail plate for GP, Sphinx, many EQ mounts
- Aperture / focal length / f Aperture 200mm / focal length 1800mm / focal ratio f/9
- Limiting magnitude / resolution Visual limiting magnitude 13.3 mag / theoretical resolution 0.63"
- Tube Weight 6.3 kg. (13.2 lbs)
- Tube Length / Diameter 486mm / 232mm (9.1 x 24.4 in)
Return From Vixen VC 200L Telescope To Vixen Telecopes Main Page Telescopes Home Page