Intes Micro Alter M703
The Intes Micro Alter M703 is a 7" F/10 Maksutov-Cassegrain optical system with moving primary focusing. Optical quality to minimum 1/6th wave front error. Meniscus lens is multi-coated. Internal knife-edge bafflerings.
Passive cooling system around meniscus. Rear mounted cooling fan with variable speed controller. Rear cell is fitted with 2" threaded opening to accept any SCT accessory. Cream-white painted tube. Accepts both Intes-Micro and STF Mirage) eecompressors of 0.8x, 0.6x and 0.45x.
This is an excellent scope for serious imaging and visual use as well as an excellent photographic tool.
The Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes from Intes Micro are marvelous for their high power, resolution lunar and planetary work fulfilling the demands of the most discriminating astronomer. Their compact tubes make them very practical to transport about and set-up.
The Maksutov-Newtonian design combines the finest characteristics of a Newtonian Reflector and Maksutov-Cassegrain to produce a telescope design which provides seriously breathtaking image quality, comparable to those realized with Apochromatic refractors, although at only a fraction of the price.
- Clear Aperture - 178 mm
- Focal length - 1780 + 100 mm
- Focal ratio - F/10
- Back Focus - 30 - 250 mm
- Photographic field of View - 10 20'
- Tube diameter - 220 mm
- Tube length - 495 mm
- Tube weight - 5.7 kg
- Max. useful magnification - 2x per mm aperture
- Reflectitivity of mirrors - 95%
- Central obstruction - 32%
- Optical quality (for wave length 0.63 µm) - Minimum 1/6th wavefront error
- RMS - 0.041
- Body parts material - aluminium
- Primary and secondary mirrors material - LK7, LK5 Pyrex with reflective aluminium coating and SiO2 protected
Return From Intes Micro Alter M703 To Intes Micro Telescopes Main Page Telescopes Home Page