Celestron C8-NGT Computerized Telescope
The Celestron C8-NGT Computerized Telescope has optics that have been manufactured to Celestron‘s own extremely high standards. The C8-N uses diffraction-limited parabolic primary mirrors for razor sharp star images across a wide field of view. These telescopes are mounted on the very rigid computerized CG-5 German Equatorial mount.
A counterweight, latitude scale, setting circles and slow motion controls on both axes are standard. Includes premium accessories such as a 9x50 finderscope with bi-directional alignment screws and a spring loaded pivot support, 20mm Plössl 1-1/4" eyepiece, 2" focuser, accessory tray and more, so you have a fully loaded telescope from the very beginning.
This scope is mounted on the Advanced GT Series computerized mount, and has high performance software and hardware features. Operated by Celestron's proven NexStar® computer control technology the telescope has a 40,000+ object database with 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
A custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms.
Using the RS-232 communication port on the hand control, you can control the telescope via a personal computer and our new flash upgradeable hand controls allow you to update your telescope's operating software via the Internet. An Autoguider port is also included for astrophotography.
The German Equatorial mount has precision worm gears on both axes for extremely smooth stability. The key element that makes this system the most stable in its class is the NEW heavy-duty tripod with larger and more substantial legs that offer excellent damping characteristics for more stable views. The CG-5 also has a convenient latitude scale for easier alignment and an optional polar finder scope for the ultimate in precision alignments.
Celestron C8-NGT Features
- High quality 8" reflector
- 9x50 finderscope with bi-directional alignment screws and a spring loaded pivot support
- 2" focuser allows for use with 2" or 1.25" eyepieces
- Heavy Duty (CG-5GT) computerized German Equatorial mount
- Ultra sturdy 2" diameter steel tripod with accessory tray
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Return From Celestron C8-NGT To Celestron Telescopes Main Page
Telescopes Home Page