Celestron NexStar 90SLT
The Celestron NexStar 90SLT has been designed to be an inexpensive entry level to mid level computerized GoTo telescope.
The NexStar SLT refractors, reflectors, and Maks are presented in the favourite sizes and are packed with invaluable design features.
Having pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods and quick release fork arms and tubes, NexStar SLT copes can be set up in just a few minutes.
With this scope you are able to see details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, polar caps on Mars, Jupiter and its four moons. Saturn with its rings are plainly visible and of course there is a great deal more!.
Powered by 8 AA (user supplied) batteries or an optional AC adapter (#18778), these NexStar GoTos love to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs.
With the their ergonomically designed hand control, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation.
With a touch of a button, it is possible to select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view interesting details about an object or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
By using Celestron’s patented SkyAlign you merely have to input the date, time and location into the hand control then slew the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. There is no need to be aware of names of the stars and if you wish you can even pick the Moon or bright planets.
Computerized Mount Features
- High quality 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Good for terrestrial and celestial observing
- Includes CD-ROM The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Return From Celestron NexStar 90SLT To Celestron NexStar Telescopes Main Page
Telescopes Home Page