Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager III
The Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager III is amongst an ever-growing selection of high-performance yet affordable astronomical cameras, imaging-ready telescopes, and photographic accessories.
Orion StarShoot Solar System and Deep Space imagers make it easy for any amateur astronomer to capture breathtaking celestial portraits right from their own backyard.
You can take truely amazing shots of the "round stuff" - the Sun (with proper solar filter), Moon, and planets through your telescope.
The Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager III (SSCI) houses an improved 1.3-megapixel imaging chip with greater sensitivity than its predecessor. You'll capture intricately resolved astroimages that only the most skilled astro-imagers could achieve just a few years ago.
The 1/2"-format CMOS color chip transmits a live 1280x1024 pixel video image to your computer. The small 5.2micron x 5.2micron pixel size ensures exceptional resolution. Images download to your computer via a high-speed USB 2.0 cable.
MaxIm DL Essentials Edition software gives you start-to-finish control over astroimage capture, combining, and processing. You can take individual shots or automatically collect multiple exposures of up to 0.13 seconds each. The software enables you to instantly adjust the gain, contrast, exposure length, and align and stack multiple exposures.
Start capturing incredible shots of one of the solar system's best and brightest orbs of interest with the StarShoot Solar System Color Imager III.
Summary Of Features
- Shoot astrophotos of your favorite celestial neighbors with the improved StarShoot Solar System Color Imager III
- 1/2"-format 1.3 megapixel CMOS Color imaging chip boasts 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution
- 5.2 micron x 5.2 micron pixel size
- Included MaxIm DL Essentials Edition software allows you to easily process astrophotos on your computer
- Also includes USB cable and parfocal ring
- Compatible with Windows XP and Vista 32-bit Operating Systems
Return From Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager III To Astrophotography Telescopes Home Page