Skywatcher Equinox 100 OTA
The Skywatcher Equinox 100 OTA departs slightly from the other refractors in this series. It is designed primarily as a visual instrument for high-power, high-resolution applications.
The Equinox 100 features a beautifully corrected ED doublet with a focal length of 900 mm.
It provides outstanding views of solar system objects and of brighter DSOs, and can split even the tightest doubles with ease.
For added fun, you can attach a video camera along with the 2” ED 2x Barlow and treat yourself to stunning real-time views of earth’s nearest neighbors!
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings
Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%.
The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
- D = 100 mm, F = 900.
- Razor sharp, colour-free, high contrast optics.
- Retractable aluminum dewshield.
- Tube rings and dovetail included
- Built-in finder scope bracket
- Outstanding high-power instrument for lunar and planetary viewing.
- Excellent performer on double stars and brighter DSOs
- A superior instrument for video astrophotography.
- Aluminum carrying case for safe, easy transportation.
High-Precision Indexed Focuser:
- Dual-Speed machined Crayford focuser.
- 360-degree adjustable for easy framing of objects for photography.
- Graduated scale on drawtube for fast and precise focusing with CCD or DSLR cameras.
Whatever your application Sky-Watcher Equinox refractors will meet and exceed your most demanding performance requirements with their superior mechanics, high portability and razor-sharp colour-free optics.
The Equinox 100 is an excellent mid-level ED refractor that is capable of excellent astrophotography and is capable of superb planetary views.
Specifications for the Skywatcher Equinox 100 OTA
- Optical Design ED Refractor
- Lens Material
- Diameter 100mm
- Focal Length 900mm
- Scondary Mirror Diameter n/a
- F/ratio F/9
- Highest Practical Power 200x
Return From Skywatcher Equinox 100 OTA To Skywatcher Telescopes Main page Telescopes Home Page