iOptron SmartStar Cube EMC90
The iOptron SmartStar Cube EMC90 telescope system is the perfect choice for astronomers who are into deep space viewing and astrophotography.
This 90mm diameter Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope dramatically minimizes the chromatic aberration that often plagues its Refractor cousins.
Having a focal length of 1200mm, this light weight, ultra-compact telescope delivers a superb blend of power and transportability, and takes stargazing to a completely new level.
Alt-Azimuth Mount The Cube
The iOptron SmartStar E-MC90 includes patented Alt-Azimuth Mount, also known as 'The Cube'. This compact mount design is among the most practical and flexible units available on the market.
Both axis motors are built into a small single unit which is universally compatible with all telescopes using a dove-tail connection. Furthermore, there are no “dead spots” so its possible to point your scope anywhere above the horizon, whereas, you will find that other mounts obstruct the telescope tube at certain points of rotation.
Additionally the Cube Mount is standard with AC connection. An optional DC adaptor is available so its possible to plug your telescope motor into your car if you are camping out or a faraway location.
This must be the easiest to understand controller on the market
The GoToNovaTM Controller is far easier to work with than many other similar products. The hand controller is much more user-friendly with menu categories better structured.
Moreover it has a larger LCD screen with more lines of content compared to its competition. By using the easy-to-use hand controller and its large LCD screen, it is easy to set up your scope and select where you wish to go.
More precise speed control for viewing objects
The control system also enables you to slew the telescope at five different drive speeds, whilst still keeping the object within the telescope’s viewfinder for as long as you want.
The Cube - Simply a better tripod
The Cube is made of 1-inch heavy-duty stainless steel yet sturdy yet elegant. It provides the user with unrivaled stability during operation., and the sturdy construction joints ensure your mount is locked securely. Having an all metal support system your precious telescope will keep still even when it's windy.
GoToNovaTM Computerized Control System
The revolutionary GoToNovaTM computerized control system is by far the most technologically advanced automated tracking system available on the market today. With a database of over 3,500 celestial objects, including all of the most famous galaxies, nebulae, star clusters, not to mention the planets, you’ll be able to enjoy star gazing with the simple push of a button.
iOptron SmartStar Cube EMC90 Features
- 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope
- 1200mm Focal Length
- Red Dot finderscope for locating objects
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod
- Alt-Azimuth Mount- The Cube™-- The only mount of its kind for ultimate rotation
- Includes the GoToNovaTM Controller. The most intuitive controller on the market.
- 3,500 object database plus 256 user-defined objects
- The largest LCD screen on the market with 4 lines and 21-character Hand Control with backlit LED buttons.
- Drive motor with 5-speed setting for precise tracking
- Dual-axis Servomotor
- Standard-equipment AC connection (Optional DC adaptor available)
iOptron SmartStar Cube EMC90 Specification
- Optical Design : Maksotov-Cassegrain
- Clear Aperture : 90 mm
- Focal Length : 1200 mm
- Ratio : f/13.3
- Resolution : 1.3”
- Magnitude Limit : 11.7th Magnitude
- Eye Pieces : K10 and K20
- Mount : AltAzimuth
- Finder : Red Dot
- Motor : Dual-Axis DC Servomotor, DC12V
- Speed : Dual-Axis, 5-Gear, Electronic(2×,16×,64×,256×,MAX)
- GO TO System : GoToNovaTM 3,500+ objects database
- Tracking : Automatic
- Tripod : 1” Stainless Steel
- Battery : AA x 8(Not Included)
- Case Weight : 14.5 lbs
Return From iOptron SmartStar Cube EMC90 To iOptron Telescopes
Telescopes Home Page