I like the look of the Takahashi TSA-10S2, it is the first in the new TSA line of triplet apochromats. The color free images produced will delight the lunar, planetary and deep sky observer with very high contract images with pin point stars.
It's compact size, less than 23° with the lens shade retracted, makes the TSA-102 the perfect airline ready apochromat. The TSA-102S is great for eclipse expeditions or transport to remote sites.
Not only is the TSA-102S a great visual instrument, it can be converted into a flat field f/7.84 or an f/5.98 wide field imaging platform for a CCD camera or digital SLR. The addition of the optional camera angle adjuster allows the image to be rotated 360° without loss of focus.
The camera angle adjuster is also very handy for visual applications to position the ocular or bino viewer in the best most comfortable position.
The TSA-102S is a compact, high quality, apochromatic, versatile Takahashi, made for the refractor enthusiast who wants a very high quality instrument in a relatively compact package.
- Newly designed triplet apochromat TSA Series
- Very high color correction, produces color-free images
- Airline portable less than 23" long and weighs 11 lbs.
- 2.7° focuser for stable focusing, will accommodate heavy CCD cameras or bino viewers
- Enhanced back focus of 230mm [9.39"] allows the use of any bino viewer with ease
- Supplied with rigid 72mm r extension tubes to assure deflection ?free focusing
- Quick release finder bracket allows the user to keep finder alignment when finder is removed and reattached
- Knife edge baffles and over sized tube produce very high contrast images
Return From Takahashi TSA-10S2 To Takahashi Telescopes Main Page Telescopes Home Page