Vixen AXD Mount And Star Book Ten
The Vixen Axd Mount with it's sleek design has innovative gearing for superior performance. Controlled by Vixen's Star Book Ten controller for manual or computer controlled observation or astrophotography, plus all the features that the serious astronomer has been waiting for.
The full metal construction of this observatory quality mount incorporates bronze 135mm 270 tooth RA Gear and 21 Needle Bearings (13 on RA Axis & 8 on DEC Axis).
Ten in Japanese means "The Heavens" and this mount will get you there with ease. With observatory quality controls, popular objects appear on the High Definition screen and the AXD "SEE-TO" Technology shows you the sky before the GO-TO sends you there.
With the ability to zoom to any area you can easily find your target object. When you have viewed all 270000 objects, you can enter and save your own discoveries. No computer needed with the Star Book Ten.
The new Astro Imaging capabilities of the Star Book Ten include integrated video imaging and Video Auto Guiding. With the Zoom In feature for guiding and planetary observing, you can lock on an object, capture the image, and save it to stack later.
With all these features and Permanent PEC, Night Vision Mode, and a 270,000 Database the Star Book Ten with the AXD Mount is a revolutionary design for telescope mounts.
Vixen AXD Mount and Star Book Ten Features
- Vixen Star Book Ten incorporates high definition screens for uncompromised pleasure of use.
- Features integrated video imaging and auto guiding - lock on an object, capture with video and stack later!
- Vixen AXD Mount design is one of most accurate and quiet driven equatorial mounts on the market.
- Permanent Periodic Error Control (PEC) helps to provide oustanding astrophotography applications.
- "See To" technology offers up a huge data base of 270,000 listed objects.
- Built-in polar axis scope has illuminated reticle and 6 degree wide field of view.
- Star Book Ten controller provides night vision mode for comfortable field use.
- No computer needed!
- Optional Tripod or Half-Pillar sold separately.
Specifications AXD Mount
- R.A. slow motion axis 270-tooth full circle micro-movement gear, 135mm diameter, brass wheel
- DEC slow motion axis 216-tooth full circle micro-movement gear, 108mm diameter, brass wheel
- Worm gears 14mm diameter, brass
- R.A. & DEC. axes 50mm diameter, A7075 aluminium alloy
- Number of bearings 21 pieces (6x R.A axis, 4x DEC. axis, 2x R.A and DEC. worm gear shafts, 2x each for the R.A. and DEC. super gears, 3x for the R.A. setting circle)
- Counterweight bar 25mm in diameter, Retractable
- R.A. setting circle 10 minutes increments (accurate to 1 minute)
- DEC. setting circle 2° increments (accurate to 10 minutes, about 0.167°)
- Polar axis scope Built-in 6x20mm scope, FoV 8 degrees, Bubble level, Illuminated reticle, Setting accuracy within 3 minutes
- Drive motor Stepping (Pulse) motors with 400PPS
- Slewing Maximum 800x sidereal rate
- Maximum payload 30kg (66lb) (750kgs/cm torque load)
- Power source DC12V 0.4 ~ 1.7A
- Dimensions 457 x 465 x 152mm
- Weight 25kg (55.1lb) without counterweight
- Counterweight 7kg (15.4lb) x 1pc
Return From Vixen AXD Mount To Equatorial Mount Main Page Telescopes Home Page