Coronado PST Personal Solar Telescope
The Coronado PST (Personal Solar Telescope) is amongst the world's most popular telescopes for observing the Sun.
This 40mm diameter is a highly portable dedicated solar telescope that features completely internal, non-removable and student safe solar filtering optics, with a 1.0 angstrom hydrogen-alpha (Ha) bandpass for greater surface detail.
The PST will show you the dynamic, ever changing prominences at the edge of the Sun as well as filaments and other surface details in amazing detail, all in the brilliant and distinctive red color of hydrogen-alpha light.
Study of the solar disk is now within the reach of the amateur astronomer. The PST represents the same technology and quality that goes into a SolarMax series telescope available to the new solar astronomer at the cost of some single premium eyepieces.
It features a 40mm diameter dedicated Ha optical system with 30mm internal etalon primary blocking filter, an incorporated focuser with bandpass fine adjustment controls, and built in solar viewfinder.
Mounting options for this model include use on a standard photo tripod (scope is threaded for a standard camera 1/4-20 mounting bolt), use of a Coronado Malta table top tripod (sold separately) or the Meade DSM mount with computerized Autostar and GoTo technology.
- 400mm focal length 40mm aperture f/10 refractor with an integrated hydrogen alpha solar filter.
- Includes an internal modified Coronado Sol Ranger Sun Finder for easy centering.
- Included 20mm (20x) 1.25" Kellner eyepiece.
- Integrated focuser and telescope combination to prevent inhibit dust.
- Narrow passband width provides maximum contrast and visibility of active solar regions.
- Achromatic doublet objective lens is fully multi coated.
- Thread-in metal lens cover to protect the object lens.
- <1.0 Ångstrom passband, centered on the 6562.8 Ångstrom H-Alpha line
Return From Coronado PST Personal Solar Telescope To Coronado Solar Telescopes Main Page Telescopes Home Page