Skyliner 200p Dobsonian
The Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Dobsonian Telescope 203mm/1200mm (8") has a "paraboloidal" primary mirror to eliminate spherical aberration and a four-arm, secondary- mirror bracket with fine supports(0.5mm thick), to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss.
In addition, the 200p includes a 2" focuser with a 1.25" adapter, allowing the use of either eyepiece size. This model also includes the new feature-tension control handle.
Tension Control Handle
The Skywatcher Tension Control Handle provides a tension adjuster that users can easily turn to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboard of the mount. By providing such a tension adjuster, the telescope does not need to be balanced in order to stay in position.
The tension adjuster can be tightened such that the optical tube can stay in a position but can still be moved when prompted to adjust the position of the optical tube.
Alternatively, the tension adjuster can be completely tightened to lock the optical tube in position.
- Optical Design Newtonian (Parabolic)
- Lens Material
- Diameter 203mm
- Focal Length 1200mm
- Scondary Mirror Diameter 47mm
- F/ratio F/5.9
- Highest Practical Power 406x
- Faintest Steller Magnitude 14.2
- Resoving Power 0.56
- Finderscope 9x50*
- Focuser diameter 2” with 1.25” adapter
- Eyepiece(s) 1.25” Super 25 and 10*
- Mount Type Dobsonian
- Slow-motion Control
- Piggyback Bracket
- Accessory Tray
- Ground Board Diameter 52cm
- Ground Board Weight(s)
- Motor Drive
- Tube Weight 11kg
- Tube Dimension(dia. x length) 20.5cm x 112cm
- Tripod Height
- Shipping Weight Tube:11kg, Base:15.64kg
- Shipping Carton Dimensions 67x 80 x 11 cm3 / 125 x 39.5 x 46.5 cm3
Return From Skyliner 200p Dobsonian To Skywatcher TelescopesTelescopes Home Page